Q. How do I find out if the Library subscribes to a particular journal?
As you read through journal articles you have found, you may come across references to other articles that you are interested in reading.
Taking the information you have, try searching the Library resources to see if we have a subscription to the particular journal you are interested in and if the years you want are covered.
You will need: journal title; year of publication; volume number; issue number and the page numbers or journal article title.
- Go to the library homepage via MyLSBU.
- Select the Journals tab:
- Enter the journal title you are looking for eg. Journal of Nursing Law and click Search.
- If we have the journal here at LSBU it will be listed. Click on the journal title in the list. We may have an electronic version, print version or both.
- If we have an electronic version, the databases (e-resources) that contain the journal will be listed. Choose the one that covers the date of the article you want to read.
- Once the database is open, find where the past issues are listed by year. Navigate to the correct year and then click on the correct volume and issue number.
- In the results list, locate the article using the article title, or the page numbers.