Q. How does the library advise I protect my computer account?
The University has University-wide protection, covering the whole network. You do not need to run any security or antivirus software while logged in to a University PC on site. You do need to take some responsibility for your account by:
- Never giving anyone the login details of your account.
- Always save your work and log off your PC if leaving it unattended (even just for a few minutes).
- Follow the ICT guidelines regarding internet browsing behaviour.
- Never open an email from someone you do not know or that has no subject line.
- Never click on a link or open an attachment in a suspicious email.
- Be aware of phishing emails which will ask you to provide personal details. If you are unsure about an email, please contact Student IT Support.
- Always have a backup copy of your work and documents.
Was this helpful? 0 0