Q. Student IT Account Password Security
When setting up your LSBU password there are some basic rules you must follow:
1) Must be between 6 and 14 characters long.
2) Must not be an ordinary word you would find in a dictionary.
3) Your password will be case-sensitive.
However, there are many other ways to make your university password more secure:
1) Don’t use personal information in your password, e.g. your birth date.
2) Put words together, e.g. idrinkbeer.
3) Mix upper- and lower-case characters, e.g. BrightonROCK.
4) The longer your password, the less predictable it will be.
5) Don’t write your passwords down and leave them somewhere easy to find.
As an added security measure passwords expire after 365 days so you will need to reset your password. This can be done before it expires or after it has expired.