Q. How can you tell if your email account has been compromised?
If you are no longer able to sign in to your email account, it may be a sign that your email account has become compromised and has been disabled.
Firstly, you should try to reset your password and try to log in using your new details. If this does not work, you should contact Student IT Support who will be able to support you.
If you have not been locked out of your student IT account, you may see other indications that your email account has been compromised.
It is important to look out for:
- Any messages you receive about logins or attempted logins from unfamiliar places or times.
- Unusual changes to security settings
- A large number of messages in your sent box that were not sent by you.
- Recipients not receiving the emails you are sending them.
- Not being able to receive emails from others
These may be signs that your account has been compromised. If you think your account may have been compromised reset your password, then run your Anti-Virus software to scan your device.
If you are still experiencing difficulties contact Student IT Support
Support at email@example.com or call us on 020 7815 6678.