Q. Apple Device Users Connection No Private Error Message
If you are trying to access a University linked website from your Apple device and you receive the error message: Your Connect is Not Private is may be to do with the settings on your device.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Use a different web browser - we recommend Chrome or Firefox for accessing content.
- Refresh the page - you could be seeing this error because the host web server has timed out and the web browser has stopped trying to load the page. Refreshing the page may resolve this issue for you.
- Go Incognito - in this mode your web browser will not log sites you visit into its history or cache so it may prevent the error message.
- Check the date and time on your device. If your Mac’s date and time don’t match the browser’s understanding of date and time, it can cause the browser to think something is amiss. Here’s how to check the date and time on your Mac:
- In the Mac menu bar, select the Apple logo on the top left
- Select “System Preferences” from the menu
- Select “Date and Time”
- Make sure the date and time on your Mac are accurate for your country location
- Clear your browser Cache and Cookies. See our guide on Removing Browser Cache Settings
- Final, check your Wi-Fi settings to ensure they are strong, secure, and viable options for browsing the web.
Was this helpful? 0 0